Wednesday, December 17, 2008

gelato

i am sitting on the inch-wide rail of your balcony
you are sitting in your favorite chair, looking up at me
it's late afternoon and i'm feeling restless
we've been spending our time trying to define us
i think that maybe i might need this

we walk on king street with the wind at our backs, eating gelato
i am thinking how this is something i can't hold on to
you give me your jacket to keep me from the rain, because it's pouring
and the two sides of me, oh, how they're warring
i wish you knew the way i love you
i'm finding it so hard to tell you

you're not the only one who felt something creeping in
you're not the only one who's having trouble sleeping
i'm sorry i took so long to write you this song
consider this my 'i love you'

we have been lounging, watching tv in your bedroom
all around us, my leaving looms
your hair's in your eyes as you come to kiss me
your hands on my thighs as you undress me
i know this grace will fall from us soon
but i still don't have the guts to tell you

you're not the only one who felt something creeping in
you're not the only one who's having trouble sleeping
i'm sorry i took so long to write you this song
consider this my 'i love you'


listen

No comments:

Post a Comment