Monday, November 30, 2009

Other Cars

when you called last night I could tell you were on the road
probably on your way to work
the background was loud but your voice made it through
the sounds of engines revving
how many times have you driven that road
with my voice in your ear
your laughter on the line made me feel a little less alone
at my kitchen table

can you feel me baby
through the telephone wires?
if we talk long enough
do you think you could come home?

we talked about us for a while in metaphors
and "how ya doin'"s
it killed me to hear you ask if I had someone else there
when I only ever want you

can you feel me baby
through the telephone wires?
if we talk long enough
do you think you could come home?

when you called last night
i could hear the sounds of other cars



listen

No comments:

Post a Comment