Monday, January 17, 2011

Recently



It's been a while. I'm sorry about that. Sincerely.

But it'll be worth it. I've got two new songs, and here they are.


Storm
You ask me to talk and I'm pretty sure that sounds pretty bad
But like always, I just say yes
When you walk in I think my heart might pound right out of my chest
You've barely sat down, and I ask where the bathroom is

The porcelain is so clean that I'm afraid even my heartache might dirty it
Elbows on knees, forehead in my hands, don't think I can stand
And the tiles look like a maze I can't figure out

You sit there so calm and watching the storm in me

You want to be friends
Baby, I'm not sure I can give you more than you've already taken from me
My heart's on the floor
And it sounds like you've said this many times before
Don't worry, I won't take it personally


listen



Go On
So now we see
When it really comes down to me
You are done
As I sip my tea, you ramble on
You're leaving me all alone

You played the part, you didn't want to be cruel
You stole my heart, and I feel like a fool
I try not to let the end ruin the early days
'Cause I know your pretending wasn't always the way it was

How do I go on knowing your love is gone
How do I go on when I'm sure you're with someone
How do I go on when I miss you all the time
How do I go on wanting what is not mine

This might be your biggest mistake
I don't know if I can wait
I'm pretty sure that I am through
Who am I kidding, I still love you

How do I go on knowing your love is gone
How do I go one when I'm sure you're with someone
How do I go on when I miss you all the time
How do I go on wanting what is not mine


listen

No comments:

Post a Comment