Thursday, December 29, 2011

Come Back to Me




I always forget how tall you are
It's like a little surprise when you're standing beside me at the bar
And I put my hand on your arm
Your skin under mine was welcoming and warm

We find a quiet spot to sit
I keep saying you should talk to your friends but you won't hear of it
We look, but neither one will admit
We play with the glasses just to touch our fingertips

I know tomorrow you'll be gone
But I hope that if I try hard enough
You won't say away for long
So please come back to me

Later in the night we lean in close
When I ask if you want me to wait you tell me no
I know, 'cause baby in your eyes it shows
Every time we say goodbye I wish I had kissed you slow

I know tomorrow you'll be gone
But I hope that if I try hard enough
You won't stay away for long
So please come back to me
Please come back to me

No comments:

Post a Comment